In our first 19 years:General
- Over 2,000 people have signed up 8,000 times. The average participant signs up 4 times.
- The program has grown from 30 participants to its current average of over 250 participants.
- More than 350 people have completed their first half marathon, 45 have been walkers.
- Over 800 people have completed 3,000 half marathons.
- Over 1,200 people have completed 3,000 marathons.
- More than 800 people have completed their first marathon, including 63 walkers.
- 99% that make it to the starting line, finish.
- Over 900 Marathon P.R.ís have been achieved.
- More than 100 people have qualified for the Boston Marathon.
People have run marathons in all 50 states, all 7 continents, the North Pole, completed the Pike’s Peak Ascent, run and walked the 43.5 mile Brew To Brew Relay, run a relay across Missouri as well as several other relays throughout the country, completed 50K and 150 mile Ultras, run marathons on 3 consecutive weekends, participated, spectated, and volunteered in many of our local races, met in the program and become engaged or married (17 times), developed close friendships, and raised thousands of dollars for arthritis, diabetes and other worthy causes. But most of all…
They have had the courage to start!